Regardless the materials of your gaming chair, fabric or leather, you need to clean the chair on a regular basis. Otherwise the gaming chair may stink, mold and mildew may grow on the chair, or they may get really dirty. Gaming chairs are made for you to sit for a long time on the chair for painless and enjoyable gaming experiences. So if you don’t take proper care of it, then you are less likely to get the most out of your chair.
As most of the gamers tend to sit on the gaming chairs for a long time, the sweating may cause an issue. Besides if your gaming chair is made of leather, there will be stains and dust on the chair that you need to clean regularly. It all depends on how you use your gaming chair. You may need to take better care than other gamers to extend the longevity of your gaming chair.
There you will find some professional services in the area you live in; they provide services of cleaning furniture. If in case the gaming chair that you own is in serious condition, it may be damaged by something or something like that, you may need to replace the padding, contact the professionals to get the gaming chair serviced. You will find some situations when you have nothing to do by yourself.
Do not hesitate to call for professional service or get a new gaming chair. But there are cases when you can clean the gaming chair by yourself, also you should clean the gaming chair regularly. We will be discussing how to clean your gaming chair and maintain it properly.
In comparison with other chairs, gaming chairs are much easier to clean. No matter what it the style of your chair, the cover may be of leather or fabric, or even the bean-bag gaming chair, it will not take you more than few minutes to clean. Some steps are sensitive, as you may need to use chemicals, just be careful if the chemicals are friendly for the materials of your gaming chair or not.
- Always check if you are provided with a manual with the gaming chair. In the manuals, there might be information about cleaning and maintaining the chair.
- You can use a vacuum cleaner to remove the stains and dust from a gaming chair. 5 minutes suction by a vacuum cleaner will keep your gaming chair clean. You can do this regularly.
- If you pour water on the fabric covered gaming chair, take a dry cloth or paper towel and press than to suck the liquid out. Then you can use your hair dryer to make that dry. If dryer is not enough, use the sunlight. You can put the gaming chair that has fabric cover under the sunlight to make it dry anytime, not just when you make it wet. The sunlight will stop your chair being stinky. Also, sunlight is the best options for the fabric covered gaming chairs to keep it dry and clean.
- If the cover of the gaming chair is leather, then before cleaning, carefully observe where the chair most needs cleaning. If there are only a few grimy spots, first take care of that areas. Take a dump and soapy cloth and clean the chair with that. Don’t rub very hard. If the dirt is sticky and water soluble, this method will work very good. After cleaning the wet cloth, use a clean dry cloth to wipe away the loose dirt and water, it will make the leather cover relatively dry. Do not forget this step; in case of leather covers, always make your chair dry, as soon as possible.
- If you have severe stains on a leather gaming chair, you may need to buy heavy duty leather cleaner to clean the stain. If the stain does not come out easily then don’t keep scrubbing it, it may damage the leather.
- If there are mold and mildew in your leather cover of gaming chair, then you will need to foll
ow some other steps. You start dry brushing the leather cover with a stiff nylon brush. Most of the mold and mildew of the surface will be brushed away. Make a solution of vinegar and water, moisten a soft cloth with this solution and the surface of the chair clean. There is spray available on the market to clean the mold and mildew on leather, if in case the mold on your leather is very tough you can use the spray as well. To stop growing mold on your leather, you can use silica gel that you can purchase from craft stores. The silica gel will absorb extra moisture and will help to keep you leather dry and stop the return of the mold.
- If you have pets, then you may face some problem if they make your gaming chair dirty. You can brush out the pet stain and then use an odor remover spray. Before using the odor remover spray, check if the spray is friendly to the leather. You can use the spray and then scrub it to make it clean.
- If your gaming chair gets stinky because of your sweat, then put the chain under sunlight. Sunlight works like magic to remove odors that are caused by sweats from your body.
- If you sweat a lot and have to sit on the chair for a long time, then you can use an extra towel to keep your chair away from the sweat.
We have talked about the basics of cleaning your gaming chair. If the material is sensitive then you should think carefully before cleaning by yourself. Sometimes you may need to replace the padding. Sometimes you can buy an extra padding.
It’s all your personal decision depending on the problem you face. The fact is simple, the more you care for the gaming chair, the long it will last and serve you. So keep your gaming chair clean and maintain it properly, your chair will enhance the virtual gaming experience to another level.